Not everyone has the smile of their dreams. That’s why cosmetic dentistry is such a popular field. Modern techniques and skilled professionals are able to give you the smile you’ve always wanted with a smile makeover.
There are a number of reasons that people turn to smile makeovers. Repairing misaligned, stained gapped, broken, chipped, missing, or otherwise damaged teeth all fall under the benefits of a smile makeover. When you have any problems such as these, you can visit a cosmetic dentist to learn about surgical or non-surgical methods that your smile may be improved.
Beginning the smile makeover process is easy. Schedule a consultation with an experienced and reputable cosmetic dentist. You can convey the things you dislike about your smile, discuss your goals and expectations, and create a plan with the dentist about ways to improve your smile. Remember, a smile makeover is unique to each patient’s needs and desires. The dentist will also consider your age, skin tone, gums, lips, and facial appearance to help give you the best look.
Since each smile makeover involves different things, there are a variety of procedures possible to treat each individual. Some common treatments include:
- teeth whitening – brightening stained or discolored teeth by using quick and effective professional whitening methods
- veneers – permanently attaching tooth-colored, thin customized shells to the fronts of your teeth to cover flaws
- composite fillings – using composite resin material that matches your tooth color to reshape teeth or improve their appearance
- gum contouring – altering your gum line so that your gums and teeth fit together in a more aesthetically appealing way
- orthodontics – correcting the alignment and placement of your teeth so that they are straight and positioned well
- implants and crowns – replacing missing teeth by implanting a titanium root into the jawbone and artificial tooth on top
Choosing one or more of these types of smile makeover procedures may transform your smile to one that makes you happier and gives you the look you desire.
Cosmetic Dentistry Bartlett, IL