You should never forget the power of an attractive smile. A beautiful smile says so much about you, including your mood and your health. Studies have shown that smiling (as opposed to looking unhappy, sour, or angry) can benefit your life in many ways.
- When you smile, your brain automatically releases chemicals that tell your body you are happy. Even if you are forcing your smile, your brain will still releases the chemicals. The more you smile, the happier you will feel, and the happier you feel, the more you will smile!
- When you smile, you make your own state-of-mind more positive. Whether you are bored, sad or angry, a smile can “turn around” your mood. You begin to look at the world in a more positive way, which will lead to more positive interactions throughout your day.
- When you smile, you can change the way someone else is feeling. When you walk into a room or into a store, starting with a smile can change the reactions of everyone else there. When you smile, they smile back. A smile is catching!
- Smiling is easy! You use fewer facial muscles when you smile than you do when you frown. Don’t overtax your face! Smile, don’t frown!
- Smiling is attractive. There is an old saying “the cheapest facelift is a smile.” Nothing brightens your face and keeps you looking your best like a gorgeous smile.
Unattractive, chipped, misaligned or missing teeth can cause you to be self-conscious about smiling – or even speaking – in public. If your smile is less than its best, you may find yourself unable to reach your life goals; you may feel held back socially. Even day-to-day errands and actions can seem more daunting or difficult because of your smile insecurities. Don’t wait another minute – talk to your dentist today about the possibilities of a smile makeover.
Your dentist can make a plan to address whatever is standing between you and your healthiest, best smile. Don’t be afraid of your smile; start the process of a smile makeover today!
Smile Makeover Dentist Bartlett, IL